Every year at this time I feel myself dreaming of the beach. To lounge and read a book in the sun. To wear a dress without layers and stockings. To feeling warm. Obviously I am a bit vitamin D deficient at the moment and in need of a beach vacation. This is what to pack for the beach.
What to pack for the Beach
- Yellow Cotton Dress – A bright cotton dress is a must have for a beach vacation. It can double as a dress for dinner and a beach cover up too.
- On shoulder One piece stripe swimsuit – The one shoulder suit is so fresh right now. I like the idea of a classic stripe in a new silhouette. I pack as many swimsuits as I have in my closet because I find they don’t dry out very quickly in tropical countries due to the humidity. I also like to change into a dry bathing suit for lunch so I am not sitting in wet suit all day.
- Beach Shimmer Stripe Criss Cross Dress – I pack dresses for every day I am at the beach. Cotton dresses don’t take up too much space and as I mentioned before they can double as a beach cover up.
- COCO Pom Pom Mule – These are a nice twist on a traditional sandal plus the espadrille bottom is perfect for the beach. And who can say no to a pom pom? I try to pack 3 – 4 pairs of shoes. Sandals tend to be light and not take up much space so I can get away with more pairs. If you are coming from a colder location make sure to wear a close toed shoe on the plane. You can always have a pair of sandals in your carry – on. Also if you are planning to do anything athletic having a pair of runners is a must.
- Gold Molten Small Hoops – I love gold for vacation to play up any tan that I pick up while there. These gold hoops are a great size. Not too big but not too small. I don’t pack too many accessories, but do like to have some statement earrings and boho necklaces for dinners.
- Crystal Embellished Calf Hair sandals – These sandals are so glam. Maybe not great for he pool but great for wearing with dresses for dinner.
- Pom Pom Embellished Rafia Clutch – I like to pack a few different clutches for a beach vacation. Since there isn’t too far to go I don’t carry to much in my purse so a clutch is all I need. Plus an embellished clutch goes great with a summer dress. Use your clutch to organize your carry on for the flight.
- New Wave Applique Swimsuit – I said it before. Pack all the suits.
- Broderie Anglaise Cotton Dress – I love a boho dress while on vacation. This one is so pretty with the blue and white.
- Linen – jersey Tshirt – As much as I like to pack mostly dresses when I head on a beach vacation packing separates like Tshirts, shorts and skirts gives more options. Great if you are a minimalist packer. Tees are great too for when you are going on an excursion, or plan to play some sports. Pair them with some shorts and runners.
- Calf length Cotton Skirt – loving this two tone skirt. A fun alternative to a dress.
- Packable Hat – I love a big hat while I am on a beach vacation. I have had sun stroke before while in the Dominican and I never want to have experience that again! So I always wear a big hat. It also helps my face from getting too much sun.
- Lobster Canvas Shopper Bag – How much fun is this bag? I like this as an alternative to a traditional beach bag.
In addition to what is on this list you might want to read my posts on packing a carry on and your personal item. I also like to pack my own towels as a colourful beach towel stands out amongst the rows of beach chairs. Don’t forget your favourite toiletries and any first aid items. And underwear! Don’t laugh sometimes I forget to pack the simple things.
What do you pack for the beach?