Busy season is winding down at my day job and that means it is time for a VACATION! While we have been to the Mayan Riviera quite a few times, we have never been to the pacific side. Plus I blame countless hours watching The Hills for a need to visit Cabo just once. So in a few weeks that is where the hubs and I are heading. So of course I am mentally preparing for what I need to take with me on the trip. I am not exactly a minimalist packer, I tend to pack extras that make being away from home easier. That being said I can see where I could cut out what I have packed to make it work for just a carry on. So I will give you an idea on what numbers to pack for a minamalist to Cabo and a maximalist trip to Cabo. This is what to pack for Los Cabos Mexico.
What to Pack for Los Cabos Mexico:
- Marvelous Floral Chiffon Maxi Dress in Blue – I last shared this dress here, but it was a no brainer as one to pack to go to Cabo. If you are working on a minimalist pack then rework this dress with different belts.
- Biltmore® & Madewell Panama Hat – This is a classic hat option for me. I usually just wear it on the plane but go here if you are looking for how to pack a hat.
- Dior So Real Sunglasses – These are a dream pair of sunglasses, but I bring at least one pair with me on vacation. More likely I am carrying two!
- Antik Batik Margot Clutch – What screams vacation more than a boho clutch? I don’t like to pack a real purse for an all inclusive vacation. It is overkill really. All you are carrying around with you is a room key, phone and lipstick so a clutch is perfect really.
- Tularosa x REVOLVE Payton Dress – This is what I call a double duty dress. One that works for dinner and works for the beach. If you are working with a minimalist wardrobe you want dresses that can be worn for dinner and then work as a coverup the next day.
- Factory flamingo collector T-shirt – How cute is this tee? I tend not to pack many tees as I rely on dresses and bathing suits while on an all inclusive vacation. But if I was planning a bunch of excursions or sightseeing I would definitely pack extra tees and shorts.
- 9″ High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Surfside Wash – jeans are for travelling days. It is just too hot for wearing them on the resort. I use the same pair to fly down and back so as to not waste space in my suitcase with items I am only going to wear once.
- Whisper Cotton Crewneck Tee in Mariner Stripe – While don’t pack many t-shirts I do make sure to pack one for the return trip. This is where you really have to have a good grip on your vacation style. Are you wearing dresses to dinner? Are you wearing tees and skirts? Shorts? Minimalists plan 4 independent outfits that can then be mixed and matched to fill in the rest of your 7 days. Maximalists plan at least 5.
- FULLY Suede Bow Sandals – These sandals are just too cute to pass on and a great price for real leather. This vacation I have decided to only pack flats. I always pack heels that I don’t end up wearing more than one night. All inclusive resorts are large, our resort in Cabo definitely fits the mould and that means more walking than you expect. Flats are just more practical.
- Sarie Sandals – Just because I am packing flats doesn’t mean they have to be boring. I am planning on bringing 3 pairs of flat sandals and a pair of sneakers on our trip to Cabo.
- Need I Say Shore? One-Piece Swimsuit in Palms – I pack all my bathsuits. All.of.them. This allows for rotating through suits. I find that they don’t dry well overnight due to the humidity. I also like to change up my suit to keep myself from getting major tan lines.
- Scalloped Bandeau Bikini – Bandeau bikinis are great options for minimalizing tax lines. Love the scalloped detail.
- Ruched High-Rise Bottoms – Love the quirky pineapple print and a high rise bottom are great for those of us who are not as confident about our bottoms as we once were.
- Gheraldina Cotton Skirt – Light cotton skirts are a great alternative to dresses and are easier to mix and match for rewear different ways. They do require more tops to be packed.
- Mini Taylor White Embossed Python – I usually like to carry a bag that can double as a beach bag. I wouldn’t do that with this leather tote but if you were packing as a maximalist you could pack an additional market bag for the beach.
- Nicole crochet-trimmed voile mini dress – While I try to rewear items I still pack a few dedicated beach coverups. First it is required for restaurants, especially the sit down buffets. More than one is necessary because after a few days of sweat and sunscreen they tend to be pretty gross.
- Sony Alpha a5000 Mirrorless Digital Camera – I bought myself a new camera as an early Mother’s Day present. I have been wanting one since a year ago when I was carrying my bulky DSLR on our trip to Brazil and another in our group had this fantastic compact mirrorless camera. The pictures are fantastic and it has wifi to shoot pictures to your phone or computer with ease. So much better for travel!
- PALM LADY LENGTH – This is vacation in a skirt. I must warn you the fit is small. An XL is barely a size ten.
Other items I will be packing leading me to be more of a maximalist packer are my kobo e reader, beach towels (it is easier to find your lounge amongst a sea of hotel towels), my regular shampoo maybe even my pillow (it makes for better sleep).
Is all this on your list of what to pack for Los Cabos Mexico?