Even though I don’t live in France I have this idea of French Chic. It is a wardrobe that is minimalist but chic at every turn. Loads of neutrals, stripes and pops of red. Classics that remix to create looks worthy of walking along the Champs Elysee. This is my French Chic Capsule Wardrobe.
French Chic Capsule Wardrobe
- BOAT-NECK TOP – Is there anything more French chic than a Breton top? The stripes paired with denim or black are such a classic look.
- TIPPI SWEATER – neutrals are a must when creating a French Chic Capsule. Grey, camel, navy. These colours are the foundation that the rest of the items are mixed and matched with.
- Grace Button Jumper – I couldn’t resist including another stripe in this capsule. I love that this one is a red stripe and those buttons down the side.
- Knit Sweater – neutrals again but this black sweater stands out due the texture not the colour.
- 9″ High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Lunar – Of course if I am doing anything French Chic I need to channel Emanuelle Alt and include a pair of skinny blank jeans.
- High Waisted Trousers – a high waisted ankle crop trouser is something I would suggest for any wardrobe really but it is a nice alternative to the skinny jeans that still looks fantastic.
- 10″ High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Danny Wash – another Emanuelle Alt favourite is a dark wash blue skinny jean. Probably one of my favourite items out there especially in the winter to tuck into boots.
- Stripe Sailor Twill Trousers – These were kind of a wild card item. But wider leg trousers are on trend right now. I thought the vertical stripe would be flattering but still on the same sailoresque vein as the Breton stripe. These would easily mix and match with the rest of the capsule.
- One Button Wool Coat – This classic coat would easily work with everything in this capsule. Choose black or grey or this gorgeous Bordeaux also.
- Suede Pointy Slippers – Part of French Chic is being able to walk everywhere in these classic outfits. A fantastic pair of slides like these are a must.
- Lapels Leather Jacket – French girls aren’t afraid of adding a bit of edge to their outfits. The easiest way I know how to do this is to go with a black biker jacket. Loving the large lapels on this one.
- Soft Leather Handbag – You can’t do a French Chic Capsule Wardrobe without a fantastic handbag. I have chosen from one of my favourite Canadian designers but you could go with something truly french like Chloe or Celine or Jerome Dreyfuss.
- Double Breasted Trench Coat – IF you are going for French chic then you need a trench coat. Period. Love the tie sleeves on this one.
- ‘Zala’ Pump – When I envsion french chic I imagine a woman with long legs in skinny jeans and heels. A fantastic heel is a must but I chose one that you can walk in more easily than a stiletto.
- Cole Haan – Rumey II Tote (Tibetan Red) – I mentioned pops of red above as something that feels french to me. This tote would be a great accent to any of the outfit combinations remixed from this capsule.
What do you think of this French Chic Capsule wardrobe? Is it consistent with your idea of French Chic? I would probably add a few scarves if I was going to rock this myself. In fact I do this really is the basis of my own wardrobe if I strip away my work capsule.