Nothing can ruin a day sightseeing more than an uncomfortable pair of shoes. The best shoes for travel will be equally stylish and comfortable. The best shoes for travel have to be able to handle a full day of walking, cobblestones and handle the weather at hand.
The Best Shoes for Travel
- Gel Kayano Asics – Sneakers are a no brainer when you are packing for travel. I especially like something light weight that will not feel heavier as the day goes on.
- adidas Originals Suede Gazelle Unisex Trainers – The last few times I have traveled I wore my New Balance sneakers. They are a bit retro but still comfortable. The adidas gazelle are those sneakers for me right now. I am more than a bit obsessed.
- Gizeh Birko Thong Sandal – These are my go to walking sandal in the summer.
- Scaramouche Sandals – Packing many shoes, especially heels (heels are HEAVY), doesn’t make sense when we have limited space. Who wants to carry heavy bags up an down stairs in hotels without an elevator? Having pretty sandals can work with many outfits.
- Striped Espadrille Sandals – Espadrilles always seem to be more sophisticated than other casual shoe options. They are light and easy to walk in. Great travel option, especially for hot locations.
- Woven Open Toe Wedge – The one sandal that I bring with me on every beach vacation is my espadrille wedge. They are easy to walk in and they look great with a dress.
- ‘Yale’ Chelsea Boot – If you are travelling through the spring or fall boots are a better bet than sandals. I wear these boots ALL.THE.TIME. And they are super comfortable and super cute.
- Rangley Loafer – Cool loafers are a great option to up your style game while still rocking a flat that is walkable.
- Joe Fresh Rain Boot – Just because we are travelling and we want the weather to be perfect doesn’t mean it will be. So if you are travelling in the spring or fall a rain boot might just required packing.
- ‘Tour’ Packable Rain Boot – rain boots can be heavy so packing a pair that is meant for travelling can save you some serious weight and space.
What shoes are your pick for the Best Shoes for Travel?